I’ve heard that worry is “like sitting in a rocking chair. It will give you
something to do, but it won’t get you anywhere.”
While it’s human nature for us to feel concerned about life’s situations,
we can find lots of comfort in Scripture that helps us navigate through the
trials we encounter.
So instead of worrying about the negative news we’re currently saturated
with during this pandemic, allow me to share some really good news with
• You are extravagantly loved.
“I have loved you just as My Father has loved Me.” (John 15:9 NLV)
• When you experience heartbreak, God is especially close.
“The Lord is close to those whose hearts are breaking.”
(Psalm 34:18 LB)
• You can trust God for what seems impossible.
“With God all things are possible” (Matthew 19:26 NIV)
• God is still on the throne!
“God is seated on his holy throne.” (Psalm 47:8)
• You are not alone.
“I will never leave you; I will never abandon you.” (Hebrews 13:5 NCV)
• You don’t have to hang on to your problems.
“Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.” (1 Peter 5:7)
• When you fall, you don’t have to stay down.
“I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” (Isaiah 41:10 ESV)
• God will never run out of love for you!
“His steadfast love endures forever.” (Psalm 136:26 ESV)
• You don’t have to be afraid.
“Do not fear; I will help you.” (Isaiah 41:13 NIV)
• You don’t have to worry.
“Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.” (Philippians 4:6 LB)
How that for good news?